If you are a DIY lover and looking for MIG Welder which is automatic and not expensive than Goplus MIG 130 Welder is a great catch. With the maximum absorbed power of 3.6 KVA, Goplus 130 Welder can operate wonder on thin steel body like that of a car. It uses the process of commonly termed as gas less flux molding. The process is something like a MIG welding, instead of a regular wire it takes a tabular wire which is filled with flux. It does not fire by taking the power from argon or carbon dioxide.
The flux cored wire let the welding work by an inside-outside electrode, the electrode contains a metal casing surrounding a core of fluxing and other alloying components. Long story short you won’t need to spend on gas cylinders and be worried about not using them as frequently as a professional does. Wires won’t evaporate or lose efficiency in years and you can use the machine as often as you need.
Features of Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine
Inexpensive and more dynamic wire
- The beauty of flux-cored arc welding process (FCAW or FCA) is it does not require solid wires which are directly drawn from steel billets in other words expensive and hard to get.
- Wires from solid wire are not specially made for welding, so they end up giving more electrode than necessary, cored wires, on the other hand, are made from, special alloying elements. Also are these core material are deposited to the amount suitable for perfect welding.
- Tubular wires are more versatile when it comes to the comparison with steel billet wires.
- Because of solid wires of the same deposit analysis, it is reportedly easier for the welder to use tubular wire instead of steel billet wire, than, especially when you are welding pipe in the fixed position.
4 heat settings and Feature
It has 4 heat settings Power setting from low to high are-Min 1 <Min 2<Max 1<Max 2 for a bigger hole or powerful weld one need to choose higher heat settings and combine it with a suitable speed. This will let you to weld easily and harmoniously over the ranges of application.
Range of wire speed control Feature
This feature adds more customization of welding choices. Higher the speed deeper the hole or more powerful the weld for thicker sheets. Combination of this wire speed with heat settings can range to a variety of number. More analysis and tips from professionals can help you decide on your requirement. For example, if you need a 1/8″ thick sheet to weld, turned heat down to Max, 1 (2nd highest heat range) with a wire speed of 6.5 and voila you get a perfect result. Again for welding 1/4″ you can choose full power Max, 2 with the wire speed combination of 8, this will also serve the purpose. So you will have an infinite number of wire speed control functions from which it becomes easy to work on different thickness of sheets.
Comes with all necessary accessories
Goplus MIG 130 Welder comes with all the necessary accessories. Be it the welding gun of 65″, power cord of 72.5”, Welding Wire (though you will need to buy more as soon as it exhausts), weld mask and a brush. So if you are skittish about your pet projects and like to start the welding right from the moment Amazon delivers it to your door; I see nothing letting you stop from that from manufacturer’s end.
Long Power cord
Those who are not beginners know the value of a long power cord. Manufacture of Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine took it into consideration and provided an apt Lengthy of the power cord of 72.5″.So no issues with finding a power source near to you through multi plugs.
Thermal Overload Protection
Yes, it has this feature called Thermal Overload Protection, suppose you forgot to take a break and the welding has gone for too long, this protection will shut down the system and protect you from life hazard.
Now a day’s many welding machines have this feature but the torch or MIG 130 Welder comes with an on-off switch. You can choose to not use it if it is not required or in case you are one hell of an energy saver.
- 110V/60HZ standardized electrical input goes with domestic plug and plays features.
- A long cord with welding gun of 65″;
- Two air vent to the lower temperature and avoid accidental burns.
- Durable steel frame.
- Non-electrification plastic handle.
Cons with solution
Breaker will trip
Some users found it was hard to weld without tripping the breaker. Definitely, a drawback that frustrates you while welding.
Welding needs a lot of dedication and time; one would like to break his concentration from tripping breakers. A solution is to use Circuit breaker of 10A; Mains fuse of 13 A; It is said to work with 110V/60HZ but users say it also works great with 120V in large shops.
But tripping can also occur due to maximum heating and high-speed combination so here is a tips-optimum setting for Welding 030″ [0.8 mm] wire is heat choice of MAX 1 and speed at 4.5.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- What is the best wire size?
Ans- If you are looking for best wire size than that is .030″ [0.8 mm] wire. But if you cannot find that than The welder also works well with .035.
Q- I am not sure what is the plug I should use for this that can give uninterrupted welding?Ans- Well it depends on what sort of plugs you already have in a home, most works great on garage door opener plug and wire size is 13 GA.
Q- I am a professional welder but do not want to spend much on the machine, how I can transform it to a professional one or a better one?
Ans- Goplus Welder Automatic Welding Machine is not the best choice for professionals yet there are ways you can improve its performance –
- 1st step is removing the tip of the gun and replace it with 30 tip size.
- Use Lincoln Electric 30 wire instead of the flux wire they provide,
- Buy a better professional Welding Helmet and don’t forget the gloves,
- Finally, change the clamp to a heavy brass clip like that of a for a 400 amp welder this will help the grasp.
Whether a professional or a beginner, Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine can satisfy the small needs of home welding, garage welding, and DIY projects.It has a small size of 19″ x 12″ x 17″ and weigh only 34 pounds so very much portable and can fit in your toolbox. If you are not satisfied you can return it within 30 days when bought through Amazon. I wonder anyone ever uses that policy with this gadget which ranks as Number 1 in Automotive section of Welding Equipment under welding section of Amazon.